Monday, January 17, 2011

Lazy lazy blogger...

Finally arrived in my city, got my new rental car and computer, accommodation is being sorted and life is good.  The transition to Malaysia went off without a hitch, and leaving the cold of Hiroshima behind was a welcome thing indeed!  I am on a bit of a food tour recently, eating almost everything in sight!  Really enjoying sharing time with some good people, meeting interesting folks and grinding on some of the most enviable cuisine on the planet.  For sure.

Simple post today...time to get out in it.  More later...

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Coming to you from your link on eslcafe (and working in Japan too), I'd like to know how you're still finding the job in Malaysia. Some truly mixed reviews on that site re this mentoring job. This thread ->

    http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=88991

    and in particular the remarks made by the lowlander suggest to me a right mess.

    Yeah, I've been shortlisted for this but have to think about my wife and 3 kids. Especially the 26% tax for 6 months...

    copylight.jp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 26% tax for 6 months is unavoidable, and we were not specifically advised of it when we came over.

      Reality is, it's not difficult work. This job, for me, has been more of a stepping stone to better things.

      Here's my answer in a nutshell...I've been looking for different employment since the start of 2012. I still have no idea why I received the bonus I did (and I received a good bonus)...and every time I ask the question it gets swept under the rug. The lack of transparency is shocking, and does not instill confidence or inspire motivation.

      Delete